History of Golden State Taekwondo:
Golden State's roots go back to 1968 when Chris Jensen and Debbie Pedersen's instructor, Marty Mackowski, opened Mackowski's Taekwondoin Burlingame, California. His students were known for their superior fighting skills and excellence in martial arts competition.
When Mr. Mackowski retired in 1988, Mr. Jensen and Ms. Pedersen opened Golden State Taekwondo, carrying on the tradition of excellence and the open-minded approach to the martial arts begun 20 years earlier.
In 2007, Golden State moved to a location under the same roof as Undisputed Boxing Gym in San Carlos. Undisputed, owned by Golden State instructors Brian Schwartz and Eddie Croft, is now the premeire martial arts club on the Peninsula offering undisputed excellence in Taekwondo, Kickboxing, Boxing, fitness and conditioning.
Mackowski and Golden State History Makers
Many great champions began their training at Mackowski's and Golden State. The excellent technical foundation given has always allowed our students to succeed in the competition style of their choice, such as Point Fighting, Kickboxing, Olympic Style TKD, and professional Boxing. Following is a list of those who particularly excelled in the competition arena.
- John Bautista- Champion Point Fighter and Forms Competitor, 1980's
- Eddie Croft- Champion Point Fighter, Kickboxer, and World Class Boxer
- Marcia Hall- 1978 and 1979 TKD World Champion
- Lydia Zele- 1989 TKD World Champion
- Dana Hee- 1988 Olympic Gold Medalist
- Rometra Craig- 1996 Junior World TKD Bronze Medalist
- Brian Schwartz- ISKA Super Middleweight World Champion & 6-Time NBL World Champion
- Venya Bruk & Dipankan Bhattacharya- 2005 NBL World Champion Team Forms
- Dipankan Bhattacharya- 2005 NBL World Champion Korean Forms